Cute & Casual
- For the future bride, I love when they wear pastel colored sundresses that coordinate with the location. If you’re taking photos out in a field during golden hour, natural pastels look beautiful. Peach, beige, and celeste are great options. If you’re shooting in a city environment, maybe a gray or auburn tone.
- As far as comfy & casual, men look great in some dark denim paired with a neutral sweater or button down. A casual, no-tuck, white or gray button down will pair nicely with the natural tones of the woman's sundress.
Bold & Elegant
- Nothing says elegant like a bold, deep red gown. I love when the future bride gets to dress up a little and wear a nice dress that stands out in photos. Choosing a bold color will really make a lasting and impressive photo. Add some accent jewelry and natural-tone make-up and you have the ingredients for an amazing engagement outfit.
- For men, I like some darker dress slacks with a nice white button down. Paired with a brown belt and shoes and these look amazing next to a bold dress. You can also have some fun with a tie or suspenders that match the accents of the woman.
- It’s also fun to add some accent jewelry that can tie into your fiance’s outfit. Matching accessories always make for great detail shots. Whether it’s a bracelet that matches a watch, or a belt that matches a hat, this subtle detail will make a big difference in the photos. As long as it doesn't distract from the composition as a whole.
With these simple tips, it won’t be hard to create some beautiful engagement photos!
A great dress boutique is Baltic Born. I love their style and you can browse their dresses here